EdX- Sample Assessments
Example EdX Assessment:
- Content: Video, text, images, and interactive exercises that review the week's material.
- Practice Exercises: Questions about the current week that provide practice and feedback for the material. These practice questions can be repeated as many times as necessary to master the material. Most questions include an explanation about the correct answer.
- Weekly Quizzes: Each week has a quiz of twenty questions to help determine mastery of the current material. If the course is taken for CEU credit, an 80% passing rate is required for these assessments. Each Weekly Quiz can be taken up to three times to achieve the desired mastery level. Each time you take a quiz, answering all twenty questions, the Check button will activate. When you click this button, your answers will be shown as correct or incorrect, and this is the score that is submitted. The last effort submitted is your official score. The Show Answer feature is available only after the quiz deadline has passed, or you have used up all three submissions.
- Deadlines: It is most important to keep track of the deadline for quiz submission and not wait until the last minute. The time posted is NOT Texas time, but instead is UTC (Universal Coordinated Time), a.k.a. GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). For example, a posting of Oct 1, 2016 at 00:00 UTC stands for midnight at the beginning of the day of October 1, 2016 in Greenwich, England. This means course participants in the US must think ONE DAY PRIOR for the deadline. For those living in the Central Daylight Time zone (most of Texas), this means 7 pm the day before, and for Mountain Daylight Time (far West Texas), 6 pm. You can modify your account setting to display local time by navigating to your account settings and choosing the appropriate time zone.
- Final Quiz: This is a 100 question quiz available at the end as practice for the actual certification test, broken up into four 25 question quizzes. For those taking this course for CEU credit, an 80% overall passing rate is required for this assessment combined with the weekly quizzes. You will have only one shot at each of these final quizzes.